Aircalin offers you the opportunity to discover the new service My Plusgrade. Make us an offer by placing a bid and win an upgrade to Business class.
Aircalin now offer to passengers travelling in Economy class the opportunity of an upgrade in Business class.
Maybe you will be the lucky one who will receive the email inviting you to make us an offer!
1. Receive an invitation
14 days prior to scheduled flight departure, some passengers may be emailed an invitation to make a bid. IMPORTANT: not all flights are eligible and invitations are not necessarily sent to all passengers. Make sure you enter your email address as you book your flight!
2. Make an upgrade offer
You must make us your upgrade offer no later than 5 days (120 hours) prior to scheduled flight departure. The amount of money you enter as your bid must be comprised within the specified range (see minimum and maximum amounts of money indicated). The slider used to enter your upgrade offer will show you the bid value that is most likely to win the auction (according to previous winning bids for that same flight). You can change or cancel your upgrade offer up until 5 days prior to scheduled flight departure.
3. ACCESS TO UPGRADE
Between 4 days and 24 hours prior to scheduled flight departure, you will receive an email confirming whether or your upgrade offer has been accepted or not. If your offer is accepted, you will be emailed a notification and a newly-issued E-ticket. Your payment card will only be charged if and when your upgrade offer is accepted.
Maximum space and comfort
Make the most of your journey in a
comfortable and relaxing personal
Savour our selection of unique meals
Enjoy our premium vintage picks:
wines, champagnes and liqueurs
For all long-haul flights and selected medium-haul* flights, you will enjoy our luxury “lie-flat” seats that feel like real beds. They are fitted with a massage feature and will provide you with a truly premium and restful experience.
Dedicated Check-in and
priority baggage check-in**
Priority boarding and
Before your flight, relax in
one of our lounges***
*Flights operated by A330-200 only**IMPORTANT: baggage allowance will remain that of your initial Economy Class booking. Miles will be earned according to your initial Economy Class booking.***In Nouméa, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, Papeete, Nandi, Tokyo and Osaka.
My Plusgrade Aircalin is only available to the passengers receiving an email offering them to make an offer on My Plusgrade Program. Not all flights are eligible and invitations are not sent to all passengers.
- The hereby General Terms and Conditions (hereafter referred to as the “Terms and Conditions”) apply to any upgrade request (hereafter referred to as a “Request”) made by you (hereafter referred to as “You”) to Air Calédonie International (hereafter referred to as “Aircalin”) in order to upgrade, for a given Aircalin flight, all passengers in the original booking from the cabin class in the original booking to a higher cabin class (hereafter referred to as an “Upgrade”) under the My Plusgrade program.
- You must be of legal age (18 years or older) and have the capacity to enter a legally binding contract. You will be deemed to have authority to act on behalf of and to bind all the passenger(s) included in the original booking to the hereby Terms and Conditions.
- You are only allowed to make one Request per flight booked on your ticket. The Request must always be made and paid for with a valid debit card or credit card. You will be deemed to have made a Request on behalf of all passengers included under your original booking reference (“PNR”). A minimum amount of money applies to each Request. Each Request is only valid for the mentioned flight and it represents the amount of money to be paid (in addition to the amount paid for the initial booking).
- Once You have submitted (directly or indirectly) your Request for PNR to Aircalin, your upgrade offer will be reviewed according to the hereby Terms and Conditions. You can send, change or cancel your Request at any time within a 5-day period (120 hours) prior to scheduled flight departure. If your Request has been accepted, You can no longer modify or cancel it and You are legally obligated to pay the amount of money that has been bid as part of your Request.
- Your Request will be deemed valid (hereafter referred to as a “Valid Request”) on the date it is sent to Aircalin and it will expire 5 days (120 hours) prior to scheduled flight departure. However, if you wish to cancel your Request, it will no longer be deemed a Valid Request. Aircalin may accept your Request at any time within the defined period of validity. If Aircalin accepts your Request, your debit card or credit card will immediately be charged the full amount of the bid that you have entered. In turn, Aircalin will issue You a receipt mentioning the upgrade. The total amount charged will include all taxes and fees that may apply to the upgrade. This total amount will be communicated to You as soon as You send your Request.
- Aircalin does not guarantee a specific seating for Requests which have been accepted. However if You have made, as part of your initial booking, a special meal request no later than 48 hours prior to scheduled flight departure, your special request will be extended to your upgrade. Your purchase of an additionnal luggage allowance done 30 hours prior departure will also be extended to your upgrade.
- Once your Request has been accepted by Aircalin and your debit card or credit card has been charged, you will not be entitled to any refund, credit or exchange, except under the following conditions:
- The flight for which your Request has been accepted (thereby granting you an upgrade) has been cancelled and Aircalin has transferred you to an alternative flight, in the cabin class of the initial booking. In such a case, the amount You have paid for the upgrade will be refunded to You. The payment card used to pay for the upgrade will be credited. Aircalin will have no further obligation towards You.
- Your Request has been accepted and You have been granted an upgrade, but You couldn’t be seated in the higher cabin class for reasons attributable to Aircalin, notably in the case of an aircraft change or if (in the case of connecting flights that are part of the same booking) You have missed the flight for which you were to be upgraded because the previous flight was delayed. However, no refund, credit or exchange will be granted to You if You cannot benefit from the upgrade because of reasons attributable to You, notably if You have decided to change flights or if You have missed your flight.
- Refund conditions for My Plusgrade are independent from conditions that apply to ticket fares.
- Approved refunds will be processed in the currency in which the Upgrade was paid.
- The fare terms and conditions that apply to the ticket initially booked by You will remain valid in the case of an Upgrade. This includes cancellation terms, modification fees, Miles awarded and baggage allowance.
- Aircalin reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to decide which flights are eligible for an Upgrade and to accept or reject your Request. Aircalin makes no representation guaranteeing that you will be able to benefit from an Upgrade, irrespective of seat availability in higher cabin class. Aircalin shall not be liable to You in case your Request is rejected.
- Aircalin’s decision shall be final and shall not result in any written messages or requests.
- Aircalin reserves the right to cancel or modify the hereby Terms and Conditions in its absolute and sole discretion and without notice. Except to the extent provided in the previous sentence, no modification or waiver shall apply to the hereby Terms and Conditions or be opposable to Aircalin, unless a written statement has been made by Aircalin (or by an authorized Aircalin agent) and published on Aircalin’s website www.aircalin.com. A cancellation will be deemed effective when statements concerning Upgrades, as well as pertaining Terms and Conditions, are withdrawn. You are responsible for checking on any modification of the hereby Terms and Conditions prior to making an Upgrade Request.
- Failure by Aircalin to exercise any of its rights will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of the future performance of any of its rights, and your obligations with respect to such future performance shall continue in full force and effect.
- The hereby Terms and Conditions are subject to laws of New Caledonia. You are deemed to accept the exclusive jurisdiction of New Caledonia courts.
- Upon sending your Upgrade Request, You are deemed to have read and understood the hereby Terms and Conditions, to accept them and to be legally bound by them.