Delayed, damaged or lost baggage
Your baggage hasn’t been loaded on your flight or has been damaged? We will do everything to find a solution and we ask you to forgive us for the inconvenience.
Your baggage is delayed
Aircalin is linked to WorldTracer, which is recognized as the best baggage tracking system. This global network facilitates locating the majority of delayed baggage worldwide.
Our search begins with creating your file in this system. Please find below the following steps we undertake to find your baggage:
- If your baggage is found within 72 hours our Sales Desk at Tontouta Airport will contact you by phone or text message to inform you and organize its delivery at your convenience.
- If your baggage is not found within 72 hours, our Sales Desk at Tontouta Airport will contact you by phone or text message to inform you. Please return the attached inventory letter (one per bag) duly filled, by email (email@example.com), fax (35 27 26), or deliver it at Aircalin Agency in Noumea, or at Aircalin Sales Desk at Tontouta Airport. This complementary information on your baggage content enables to expand the search scope (unclaimed baggage without name tags are scanned in airports).
- If your baggage is not found within 21 days, our Customer Service will contact you to proceed with your compensation, according to the Airline industry general regulations. In order to process your file as soon as possible, please provide the originals of the following documents:
- an inventory of your baggage content (item receipts if they are available)
- your airline ticket receipt or electronic ticket
- your baggage claim tags
If you have purchased travel insurance, we advise you to inform your insurer of this incident as soon as possible, and keep all your travel documents until the final settlement of your file. We remind you that the Montreal Convention defines the scope of the airlines responsibility.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we undertake the tracing process.
Your baggage has been damaged
IF YOU ARE STILL AT THE AIRPORT
Please proceed to Tontouta Airport Baggage Service to inform us of the incident.
A Property Irregularity Report (PIR) will be established. You will then be given an associated file number. Please keep this to track your request. Once this is done, please contact Aircalin Customer Service:
Address: 8, Rue Fréderic Surleau, BP 3736 - 98 846, Noumea, New Caledonia
Tel: (687) 26 55 65
Fax: (687) 26 55 60
IF YOU HAVE LEFT THE AIRPORT
You have a legal delay of seven (7) days from the receipt of your baggage to declare the incident to the company, by writing to Aircalin Customer Service in Noumea.
You must include the following original documents with your request:
- Your boarding pass or Trip Summary,
- Your baggage tag(s),
- Receipts for any expenses incurred.
Aircalin will not be liable for normal wear and tear, scratches, scuffs, stains, or any minor damages (zipper pull, lockers) that occur during the transportation of your baggage
and injury to a passenger or damage to his luggage when they are caused by objects contained in the said baggage.
In addition, the Conditions of carriage set out prohibited and unacceptable items for carriage in checked baggage such as perishable, fragile or valuable items, money, jewels, precious metals,
silverware, luxury clothes or art crafts, photo/video cameras, optical apparatus, computer hardware, portable computers, household appliances, music instruments, negotiable papers, securities
or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples.
Contact details & times
AIRCALIN CUSTOMER SERVICES CENTER
Address: 47 rue Sébastopol, Nouméa town center
BP 3736 - 98 846, Nouméa
Tel : (687) 26 64 60 - 26 55 65
Fax : (687) 26 55 60
AIRCALIN SALES DESK AT TONTOUTA AIRPORT
Tel: 35 15 80
Opening Hours: everyday from 09h00 to 16h00
AIRCALIN AGENCY IN NOUMEA
Address: 47 rue de Sébastopol, Noumea downtown
Opening Hours: 07h45 to 17h – Saturday from 08h to 11h
CUSTOMS OPENING HOURS AT TONTOUTA AIRPORT
Every day from 08h30 to 09h30 and from 13h30 to 14h30
At your home address: 18h00 to 20h00
At your hotel: anytime (according to the shuttle bus availability)
Arc en Ciel storage service (Port Moselle or Ducos suburbs): From 12h30 or 18h30