Delayed, damaged or lost baggage
Your baggage hasn’t been loaded on your flight or has been damaged? We will do everything to find a solution and we ask you to forgive us for the inconvenience.
Your baggage is delayed
Aircalin is linked to WorldTracer, which is recognized as the best baggage tracking system. This global network facilitates locating the majority of delayed baggage worldwide.
Our search begins with creating your file in this system. Please find below the following steps we undertake to find your baggage:
- If your baggage is found within 72 hours our Sales Desk at Tontouta Airport will contact you by phone or text message to inform you and organize its delivery at your convenience.
- If your baggage is not found within 72 hours, our Sales Desk at Tontouta Airport will contact you by phone or text message to inform you. Please return the attached inventory letter (one per bag) duly filled, by email (email@example.com), fax (35 27 26), or deliver it at Aircalin Agency in Noumea, or at Aircalin Sales Desk at Tontouta Airport. This complementary information on your baggage content enables to expand the search scope (unclaimed baggage without name tags are scanned in airports).
- If your baggage is not found within 21 days, our Customer Service will contact you to proceed with your compensation, according to the Airline industry general regulations. In order to process your file as soon as possible, please provide the originals of the following documents:
- an inventory of your baggage content (item receipts if they are available)
- your airline ticket receipt or electronic ticket
- your baggage claim tags
If you have purchased travel insurance, we advise you to inform your insurer of this incident as soon as possible, and keep all your travel documents until the final settlement of your file. We remind you that the Montreal Convention defines the scope of the airlines responsibility.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we undertake the tracing process.
Your baggage has been damaged
IF YOU ARE STILL AT THE AIRPORT
Please proceed to Tontouta Airport Baggage Service to inform us of the incident.
A Property Irregularity Report (PIR) will be established. You will then be given an associated file number. Please keep this to track your request.
IF YOU HAVE LEFT THE AIRPORT
You have a legal delay of seven (7) days from the receipt of your baggage to declare the incident to the company, by completing the Aircalin > online form
Please note that you will have to provide the following information and documents:
- your file reference (ex NOUSB ……)
- copy of your baggage tag
- the original invoice of your baggage (if you kept it)
- photos of the damaged areas (broken wheel, handle…)
- the size of you baggage (length, width, height)
- your bank details
Please keep the original copies of these documents, as they may be requested at a later stage.
Aircalin will not be liable for normal wear and tear, scratches, scuffs, stains, or any minor damages (zipper pull, lockers) that occur during the transportation of your baggage
and injury to a passenger or damage to his luggage when they are caused by objects contained in the said baggage.
In addition, the Conditions of carriage set out prohibited and unacceptable items for carriage in checked baggage such as perishable, fragile or valuable items, money, jewels, precious metals,
silverware, luxury clothes or art crafts, photo/video cameras, optical apparatus, computer hardware, portable computers, household appliances, music instruments, negotiable papers, securities
or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples.
Contact details & times
AIRCALIN CUSTOMER SERVICES CENTER
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday from 8h00 to 11h30
Address: 47 rue Sébastopol, Nouméa town center
BP 3736 - 98 846, Nouméa
Tel : (687) 26 55 00
Fax : (687) 26 55 60
AIRCALIN BAGGAGE SERVICE DESK AT TONTOUTA AIRPORT:
Ph: +687 35 24 94
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday, from 10.00am to 12.00pm and from 1.00pm to 3.00pm
CUSTOMS DAPARTMENT AT TONTOUTA AIRPORT
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday, from 08.30am to 09.30am and from 1.30pm to 2.30pm
BAGGAGE DELIVERY (only for noumea)
At your home address: 6.00pm to 8.00pm
At your hotel: anytime (according to the shuttle bus availability)
Arc en Ciel storage service (Port Moselle or Ducos suburbs): From 2.00pm or from 6.30pm